Friday 29 June 2012

'SilverFin'


At the moment I’m reading the first of the ‘Young James Bond’ books silver fin. The front cover is quite simple with just 2 ideas on the front. The colour scheme is blues, silvers and whites. But the title is in a bold eye catching red, with cross hares on it to make you think of shooting. (This links to what Bond does.) The cover includes eel that are silver and i think that leaves a lot to the imagination and makes you want to pick up the book and see why they are there! In my opinion it has a great front cover.  I started not long ago and i haven’t gotten very far but the amount i have read is brilliant! I don’t want this to sound like a review but it’s a brilliant read and full of fun. It lets you in on the life Bond had before he was an agent that he went to Eton was a great sports man. In the first few chapters it intruduces all the character like 'Pritpal' a very kind (he becomes friends with Bond) chubby indian boy, 'George Hellebore' Large American who trys to make Bonds life a living hell, his father 'lord Hellebore' a big rich american wrestler in charge of most things around there. There are lots of other charcters but those are the ones you'll see more often in the start of the book, as i havent gotten very far i cannot update on the characters yet. This book is by Charlie Higson, like what was said in the last post i love reading action and adventure books, but I tend to stick to those types of books. I think the sort of people who like the action and adventure genre should read these series of books. But that’s what i like reading. I shall keep you all posted on how far I have gotten in my book and any new charcters.

No comments:

Post a Comment